Multiple Ways to help 2PC
with the Habitat Unity 2012 Build
The Outreach Committee at 2PC is pleased to be a partner in the 2012 Unity Build. There are now 19 religious institutions working together to build a house for Ibrar and Shahnaz Khan, their daughter, Yumna (5) and son. Abeer (4). The family is from Pakistan and Ibrar works at the Shalimar restaurant in Green Hills. The house will be in the Edison Park subdivision in Antioch. See article below.
Here are many ways to participate:
- Attend the pre-build Unity Build service at The Temple on Friday, September 7, at 6 p.m.
- 15 2PC members are needed to work on Sunday, September 16, beginning at 6:30 a.m. (work day starts at 7:00) and finishing late afternoon. The other half of the workers on that Sunday will be from South End Presbyterian Church. The construction work will focus on finishing the siding, finishing the soffit and caulking and painting the fascia.
- Both "skilled" and "unskilled but willing to learn" workers are needed. Volunteers arrive at 6:30 a.m. and stay until the work is complete, usually 3:30-4:00pm. Signups will be taken beginning on Genesis Sunday on August 12th
- Help coordinate food and drink contributions.
- Contribute to the lunch for 40 people on the day of the build. Food must be delivered set up at the site and ready to serve by 11:15.
- Contribute a case of water bottles iced in a cooler. In total 5 cases of water will be needed.
- Attend the dedication of the house we help build on Sunday, October 7, at 2 p.m.
If you are not be able to attend Genesis Sunday, sign up now by emailing Carie Lee Kennedy.